In December 2022, we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. What have been the most common business communication challenges we’ve heard from the tens of thousands of leaders with whom we’ve worked around the world?
Here are three of the top business communication challenges faced by employees:
- Rambling when presenting to clients or senior leadership,
- Afraid or nervous about speaking up, and
- Too many filler words when speaking in meetings or delivering presentations.
Here are some resources to help you and your team build confidence in your public speaking skills while maintaining authenticity:
- Overcome your fear of public speaking (3 min. video)
- Find ways to practice public speaking every day (article)
- Calm your nerves before a presentation or speech (2.5 min. video)
- Reframe your nervousness as excitement before speaking in public (article)
- Use your breath to strengthen and project your voice (2.5 min. video)
- Craft a concise presentation (1.5 min. video; also outlined here)
- Reduce filler words for high impact communication (1.5 min. video)
We believe public speaking is a skill, not a talent, which means everyone can improve their communication and leadership presence with practice and feedback.
Please get in touch with us if you or your colleagues would benefit from a customized, interactive communication training group workshop, 1:1 communication coaching, or to add an inspirational, skill-building keynote to your next conference line-up.