We know that being an effective communicator can help you win new business, get ahead in your career, and establish leadership in your industry. Like becoming a professional athlete, public speaking is a skill that requires frequent practice. However, many people have trouble finding the time to build their public speaking muscles. Even when we do make or find the time, what is an efficient way to practice on our own?
This is where artificial intelligence (AI) can help.
Instant Practice Using the Power of AI
For several years, our team has been researching and testing AI tools to augment our public speaking coaching. We’ve uncovered numerous benefits of using AI to practice and refine pitches, presentations, and everyday communication skills.
As a result, we’re in the process of rolling out “AMPLIFY”, an AI-powered public speaking platform in partnership with Yoodli.
Though AI will never replace the human element of personal coaching, here are a few of the benefits of AMPLIFY that we’re looking forward to sharing with our clients:
- Identify your filler words, hedge words, and pacing: This AI tool will provide real-time analytics on filler words such as “um”, “ah”, or “just”, non-inclusive language, pacing and pausing, top keywords, and more. Record a video and within minutes, you’ll receive data showing you a snapshot of how you communicate.
- Practice around your schedule: Speaking of practice, you can use AMPLIFY as much as you want, anytime and anywhere you want. Whether you have a standing half-hour dedicated to professional development each week or a meeting ended 15 minutes early, record a video or play an impromptu game when it works for you.
- Easily receive peer feedback: Have a big pitch coming up? Want feedback from a peer, supervisor, or friend? Record your pitch and quickly share a link – inside or outside your organization – and receive time-stamped feedback on your delivery and content.
- Focus your coaching: Are you working with a GPS Senior Coach? While AI can tell you what you do, our coaches will use your recorded speeches and tracking metrics to illuminate why certain issues happen and teach you how to improve your skills. Together, your coach and AMPLIFY will help you ace your next speaking opportunity.
- Increase your confidence: Practice is one of the best ways to overcome the underlying fears associated with speaking in front of an audience, such as the feeling of being judged, interrupted, or caught off guard. Simply subscribing to an AI-based platform won’t instantly dissolve your fears. It will help you identify your problem areas, receive feedback on where you can improve, and help you find the confidence to overcome your fears.
In personal and professional settings, how you speak matters. Using AI-powered feedback, analytics, and insights to improve your communication skills, in addition to personal coaching, will make your practice more targeted, efficient, and effective.
Stay tuned for additional information about AMPLIFY in the coming weeks. For a sneak peek, click here to view a demo of AMPLIFY by Global Public Speaking’s CEO & Founder, Allison Shapira.